It feels like the night before Christmas – FASHFEST 2016 is one more sleep away!
From Thursday 29 September to Saturday 1 October, designers and fashionistas from across the globe will flock to Canberra for the city’s biggest annual red-carpet fashion event.
If you haven’t yet got your hands on a hot ticket, click here now to make sure you don’t miss out!
FASHFEST cultivates modern, emerging fashion, design and creative talent on Australia’s capital stage. 2016 showcases new collections by more than 40 fashion designers from Canberra, interstate and overseas.
Each show is themed and kicks off with an original film made by local emerging filmmakers and inspired by sound and lighting. Live musicians and DJs amplify the atmosphere – while FASHFEST’s creative hair and makeup team help bring the designer’s collections to life.
FASHFEST is held in the award-winning National Convention Centre with VIP experiences, backstage tours and after parties on offer.
This year the pre-activities are on par with the main event, with plenty for guests to see, drink, eat and do before the shows start:
• OutInCanberra is excited to invite FASHFEST guests into our engaging open photo booth activation in the foyer every night. We have joined forces with local, extraordinary florist Moxom + Whitney, to bring an engaging beautiful space to take the perfect snap or selfie! Best of all you can take an instant print-out of the picture home with you to remember your experience. Don’t forget to #OutInCanberra
• FASHFEST’s official fashion illustrator, Johanna Dziadkiewicz is coming from Melbourne for the event. She will host an exhibition onsite, where you can watch her create live drawings of designer garments.
• Harlotte Cosmetics will have a lash stand showcasing its new specially-created FASHFEST Double Lash, among its other popular beauty products. At the stand, you can buy a pair to take home or have them applied by a lash expert before the show. Looking this fabulous will only set you back $15!
• On display is the ‘Blossom together’ gown created by Hands On Studio at M16 Gallery created from recycled art by adults with disability.
• Check out the shoe exhibition by FletcherLovell. Canberra designer, Penny Lovell, designs these shoes and then manufactures them in Spain.
• Audi Centre Canberra will be showcasing its stunning European models for you to admire.
• And of course, how could be forget about the food! Nibblies will be sold in the main foyer by Pialligo Estate – delish!
FASHFEST is a great social night out, from the moment you enter the venue to your last sip of champagne. Whether you go for just one show or all three nights, it promises a fashionable experience like so other!
29 September – 1 October
National Convention Centre