In episode 9 of G&T Time stylists Gerard and Tracey unpacked their go-to styling hacks and tips for wearing the transeasonal trench coat. Pointing out that it’s perfect for layering during the colder months, as we move into spring in Canberra and we start to get those unpredictable days, throwing over a trench is also a must.
Gerard and Tracey both have their unique go-to looks when it comes to trench coats, and they share it all with you.
Gerard Trench Tips
- Always buy classic colours – beige, brown and black
- Dress it down for a casual weekend look
- Layer over a hoodie and sweats with a sneaker
- Buy it less structured and more free flowing
- Consider height when shopping
Tracey’s Trench Tips
- Tonal – If you’re a regular G&T viewer you’d know Tracey loves tonal dressing and trench coats are no exception
- Try whites and creams for a more expensive look and feel
- Oversize it!
- If you’re going to layer it, try it with your favourite blazer underneath
Listen to the full episode of G&T Time with the Canberra Outlet here.