Never see a film alone again…
The festival vibes will be in full swing from Jan 9th – Feb 17th 2019, with an array of alternative entertainment, live music and DJ performances before the latest and greatest feature films light up the big screen at Patrick White Lawn, with the National Library as a backdrop
American Express Openair Cinemas is bringing more than movies to Canberra this summer, as an exciting festival program of food, fun and flicks is revealed. Did we mention it’s doggo-friendly? Film fanatics and doggy owners are invited to bring their K9 furry friends to any screening (being mindful of films with expected gunfire and explosions).
No event is complete without an option for those with a sweet tooth. Haagen Dazs will be providing ice cream scoops for film loving troops. The refreshments are taken care of too thanks to national partners 4Pines craft beer, PIMMS and Giesen Wines. Black Devil Ciderwill also be tickling Canberra movie-goers taste buds.
This year’s program is an exciting mix of box office hits and highly anticipated new releases including A Star is Born, Aquaman, Bumblebee and Vice. Families can choose from a selection of brand-new family-friendly titles including: The Grinch, Mary Poppins Returns, Disney’s The Nutcracker and Instant Family or discover something different with these program highlights:
- Boy Erased(Tuesday 15th Jan) – Heart-wrenching drama starring Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe and Joel Edgerton
- The Children Act (Wednesday 16th Jan) – Featuring a truly powerful performance from Emma Thompson as a judge tasked with ruling on the case of a sick teenager refusing a blood transfusion on religious principle.
- The Hate U Give (30th Jan) – Advanced Screening -Facing pressures from opposing sides of the community, Starr Carter must find her voice and stand up for what’s right
American Express card members:
– VIP cinema experience by purchasing a ticket to the American Express Lounge
– get their own bean bag, a cushion and complimentary blanket hire
– tasty treats
– enjoy 15% off selected tickets and access to the American Express Garden to enjoy sunset drinks