Canberra is flooded with florals at the minute, yet we still want more! WILUNA Flower Studio and Event Concept Space is inviting locals into their studio – where the magic happens – and putting on a jaw-dropping (we say this pre-emptively because we love their sh*t) free floral exhibition, NECTAR.
Be transported into the wonderful world of WILUNA, surrounded by incredible floral art installations. The NECTAR exhibit is representative of the relationship between the feminine and the floral, and, like the entire WILUNA brand, looks to connect the community through the language of flowers – and the hashtag #wilunastudio
The Fyshwick exhibition is open to the public for one weekend only from Saturday 28 to Sunday 29 September, from 11am – 3pm. For those who need a little WILUNA in the home, the florist does dried market bunches available across Canberra at Mrs Fray Campbell, Red Brick Espresso Fyshwick, Cafe gather Braddon, Gather Park – Pop Up and Penny University Kingston.
For anyone as hopeless as we are in trying to get the most out of our blooms, WILUNA shares their tip on making a bunch last:
- Buy tight closed flowers (they will open up an look better over time).
- Re-cut your flower stems on a sharp angle every 2 days to keep them fresh.
- Replace your blooms’ water.
- Flower food – You can look up DIY flower food recipes online to help them last longer in water.
- Avoid heating and direct sunlight. Keeping your florals cool with ensure longevity.
- Buying local and Australia natives will generally ensure much longer lasting blooms over soft seasonal flowers.
- Purchase the WILUNA pre-dried market pop up flowers for everlasting and sustainable blooms.
NECTAR: Saturday 28 to Sunday 29 September, from 11am – 3pm, 3 Wiluna Street, Fyshwick