They say every dog has its day – this year, it’s Saturday.
Floriade is opening the gates to all dogs, big and small, on 14 October for the Dog’s Day Out. Commonwealth Park will play host to a range of pooch-related activities to keep your four-legged friend entertained throughout the day.
Snap a picture with your pup in the free photo booth or grab them a tasty treat at the Pooch Café. The Dog’s Day Out Market will have a range of great presents for you to spoil your puppy with, and the park will be dotted with a variety of doggie delights.
There’ll be a competition for the best-dressed dog with a bunch of goodies for the winner to take home, so start thinking about the perfect outfit for your pooch! Along with the best-dressed competition, there’s a range of demonstrations to check out on the day, like Dog Grooming, Soccer Dogz, Dog Frisbee, and heaps more. Jump over to the Dog’s Day Out section of the Floriade website to check out the complete program here.
There are just a few simple rules to follow if you would like to bring your furry friend to Floriade:
- All dogs must always be on a leash.
- All dogs must be socialised and fully vaccinated.
- Dogs and owners must remain on the designated paths and may not enter any of the garden beds.
- Dogs may not enter any of the indoor venues or food outlets.
- As per ACT law, all waste must be disposed of responsibly.
- Dogs are only permitted at the site during the hours of 10.00am-7.00pm on Saturday, 14 October.
Entry to the event is free of charge, so grab your canine and have a great day out.