Tonight marks the official night of the Canberra Short Film Festival for 2018, and it’s set for the biggest number of screenings in the festival’s 23-year history. Held at Dendy Cinemas on Wednesday 12 September, guests will enjoy champagne and refreshments before settling in for the films.
This year, the opening night is actually being held on the third night of the festival, with Smith’s Alternative hosting a sneak peek on 9 September and Dendy holding a speical documentary screening last night, 11 September.
Canberra film makers feature heavily this year, with films fro mall genres set to make an appearance.
John Frohlich, Festival Director, says the Canberra Short Film Festival has really put the city on the map in the Australian film scene.
“We have a very strong program right across every night of the festival,” says John. “We will have some of the best short films from around the world, and when you compare the films that are made right here in Canberra, they really hold their own.”
The Canberra Short Film Festival will run from 9th – 16th September across the following locations:
– Sunday 9th – Smith’s Alternative Special ‘Sneak Peek’ screening)
– Monday 10th – Smith’s Alternative – Filmmaker and Creatives Networking Event
– Tuesday 11th – Dendy Cinemas (Special Documentary screening)
– Wednesday 12th – Dendy Cinemas OPENING NIGHT
– Thursday 13th – Belconnen Community Centre
– Friday 14th – Tuggeranong Arts Centre
– Saturday 15th – Smith’s Alternative – Screening and Party Night
– Sunday 16th – Dendy Cinemas – CLOSING NIGHT AND AWARDS